SATs are one of the most important exams that you take during your school career. The following features should be included in your calculator if you want to give yourself an edge during the examination.
There’s nothing more horrifying than sitting down at the desk and realizing that your calculator’s batteries are dead. It’s unlikely that anyone is carrying any extras, so you could be in trouble. However, if you had a rechargeable calculator, then those worries could be put to rest.
A rechargeable calculator can simply be plugged into a socket in the wall or an outlet that’s installed in the desk at your leisure. You never have to worry about your calculator dying mid-way through the exam again.
2. CAS Capability
Sometimes certain calculators aren’t allowed in the exam. That being said, you should still try to find one that has CAS capabilities. This software essentially solves X for you. You can easily submit formulas, equations, and look for limits with just a few clicks of a button.
The calculator does the rest for you. This can make solving for X a lot easier and faster. You’ll still need to know what formula to input or what formula you’ll need to solve the problem, but the calculator will do most of the heavy lifting for you.
In a place where time is your enemy more than anything, having a CAS-capable calculator can really give you an edge and improve your SAT scores.
3. Bright Display
One little detail that shouldn’t be overlooked for the best kind of calculator for the SAT is one that has a bright display. This is important because sometimes the exam room can be dim. That makes seeing your work on a traditional calculator difficult.
Those precious seconds you spend trying to read what your calculator screen says can add up over time. That’s why it’s a great idea to have a calculator that comes with a bright screen. No matter how dim the room is, you’ll still be able to quickly look down and see the information that you need.
4. Graphing Function
Unless you have a particular talent for visually graphs in your mind, you’re likely going to need to doodle out a little graph for certain problems. This can waste time. You might also not have a lot of space to do your doodling if you’re only allowed one piece of scrap paper.
To save yourself a lot of time, your calculator should have a graphing function. There should be a relatively easy interface that allows you to type in the equation, what kind of graph you need, and then plots it quickly and clearly. With that graphing function, it should also allow you to perform certain functions.
For example, it should make solving the slope easier. Or it should also include a table, so you can quickly access data points if you need them.
Having a calculator that creates graphs and tables for you can save a lot of time.
5. SAT and ACT-Friendly
Both the SAT and ACT have restrictions on what kind of calculators can be used in their exam rooms. The best kind of calculator is one that you can use for both exams.
Not only does this mean that the calculator is powerful enough for the ACT–which means it’s definitely powerful enough for the SAT–but it also means it isn’t so powerful that it can’t be used for the ACT.
By having a calculator that is approved for both exams, you can save money by not having to buy two calculators for each exam.
- High-resolution, full-color backlit display
- Rechargeable battery
- Preloaded apps and images
- MathPrint feature
- Available in a variety of fun colors
- Texas Instruments TI-83Plus Programmable Graphing Calculator TEXTI83PLUS Each
- Incorporated, Texas Instruments (Author)
- Perfect choice for high school and college students
- Natural Textbook Display is highly visible
- Protective hard case keeps calculator from being damaged
- Powered by solar power and features battery backup supply for reliable use
- Scientific calculator
- Solar powered
- Natural Text book display
- Color Screen. The screen size is 320 x 240 pixels (3.5 inches diagonal) and the screen resolution is 125 DPI; 16-bit color
- Rechargeable battery included. Can last up to two weeks on a single charge
- Handheld-Software Bundle. Includes the TI-Inspire CX Student Software delivering enhanced graphing capabilities and other functionality.
- Thin Design and lightweight with easy touchpad navigation.Quick alpha keys
- Six different graph styles and 15 colors to select from for differentiating the look of each graph drawn
- 4-line display enables scrolling and editing of inputs
- Same functionality as the TI-34II Explorer plus display and feature enhancements
- MATHPRINT mode for input in math notation, including pi, square roots, fractions, percent's and exponents plus math notation output for fractions
- Previous Entry - Lets you review previous entries and look for patterns.
- Menus - Easy to read and navigate pull-down menus similar to those on a graphing calculator.
- REF/RREF function, random integers, unit conversion, new types of regressions, chi-squared GOF function, 9 new probability functions, pie charts & bar graphs, graph X=f(Y) and much more
- 1500 KB Flash ROM
- Built-in eActivity and spreadsheet applications
- Icon-based menu adds to overall intuitive usability
- Direct connection to Casio projectors
- Large 16 Digit, 4 Line LCD Display
- WriteView™ Display
- 422 Functions
- Solar & Battery
- 8 Temporary & 3 Definable Memory Buttons
- Scientific Calculator with a Graphic Function- This is a scientific calculator that is able to show graphs of formulas. With a screen large enough to be able to display graphs and equations simultaneously in order to facilitate calculations and corrections in high detail. Its 7x3.3 size ensures comfortable use.
- Programmable System - Has a programmable system for all level courses and promotes student learning of concepts instead of button memorization for more efficient learning.
- Over 280 functions-including fractions, statistics, complex number calculations, linear regression, standard deviation, permutations, and variable solving
- Perfect for Advanced and Beginner courses including Pre-Algebra, Algebra I, Algebra II, Geometry, Trigonometry, Calculus, AP Calculus, AP Statistics, Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Finance & Business.
- If you are not able to turn on the calculator, please press the reset button on the back! If you still have any other issue, we offer a 365-day limited warranty. Please contact us and we will give you a response within 24 hours.