Have you just started golfing? Then you’ll likely need a driver with some of these best qualities for beginner golfers.
1. Head Size
Size does matter when it comes to golfing. Your driver should have a cubic centimeter size between 440 and 460. This is a great starting point for new players who are trying out drivers for the first time.
The maximum size that is allowed in golfing is 460 cubic centimeters. Obviously with golf, the bigger the head is, the more likely it is to hit the ball. Bigger head size also determines how large of an impact it has on the ball.
For beginners, you’ll likely want a driver that’s either right at 460 cubic centimeters or just under that mark. As you become more skilled, you can try out drivers with smaller heads to see how you fare.
The smaller heads have the advantage of being less heavy. As a result, you might be able to put more power behind the swing and send the golf ball flying further. For beginners, however, just hitting the ball is a great starting point.
In golf, the term ‘loft’ refers to the angle of the head face. It plays an important role in determining the ball’s backspin, distance, and trajectory. Most often, drivers have a loft angle between 8 and 14 degrees.
For new golfers, you can find the right kind of loft angle depending on your swing speed. The lower that your swing speed is, the higher loft you’re going to want your driver to be.
Average golfers tend to have a swing speed between 85 and 105. In that instance, their loft should be around 10 and 12 degrees. The maximum and minimum loft that you can get on a driver is between 4 and 20 degrees.
When starting out, have someone measure your swing speed. From there, you can determine what kind of loft angle your driver should have.
There are two main aspects of the shaft for making the best driver for beginner golfers. The first is its rigidity. Driver shafts come in various forms of rigidity. For beginners, it’s often the best idea to choose a shaft that has regular shaft flex.
This allows the shaft to bend just a little when you strike the ball. It limits the amount of shock that runs up your arm. However, it also means that you have a little less control over your ball.
As you become more skilled or for those who have a swing speed greater than 95, then you might want to think about using a stiffer shaft. These allow for greater accuracy and can also help you drive the ball over a greater distance.
The other aspect to consider for your driver shaft is its length. For golfers who run on the short side, the last thing you need is a long driver. You won’t be able to swing it without striking the ground.
The same goes for taller golfers who use short drivers. You’ll miss the ball. The rule of thumb in this regard is to measure your arm’s length. Then have someone measure your swing. You’ll be able to find the perfect shaft size that will help you hit the ball every time.
As a good point of reference, the average driver shaft size is 45 inches long. However, you can find them in other lengths depending on your needs.
One last feature to consider for the best driver for beginner golfers is the driver’s weight. Lighter drivers are easier to handle and control overall.
- Offset anti-slice Technology
- 460Cc clubhead
- Headcover included ; The matte black finish and white and green gives the driver a clean and sleek look.
- Club 1
- The offset of the driver helps you square the ball at impact. Having a square face at impact is important and will result in straighter drivers.
- 460cc Volume: the maximum size allowed by the USGA
- Large face area will instill confidence at address
- Head material: alloy
- Country Of Origin : Viet Nam
- The Package Height Of The Product Is 5.5 Inches
- The Package Length Of The Product Is 11 Inches
- The Package Width Of The Product Is 11 Inches
- DESIGNED FOR BEGINNERS - Designed with the new player in mind, the Westside Discs Origio Burst Underworld will allow any player to accomplish the desired shot.
- FLAT TOP PROFILE - The Origio Burst Underworld features a sleek flat top profile with a narrow rim translating to clean releases on maximum distance drives from the tee box.
- FLIGHT RATINGS- This understable fairway driver features flight ratings of Speed: 7 Glide: 6 Turn: -3 Fade: 1.
- GRIP- Origio Burst Plastic will have an incredible feel and excellent grip even when the weather will compromise your hold on your favorite disc. These are all secondary benefits to this incredible line of discs. Our guiding intention was to bring a product to market that was affordable for beginners looking to test the waters.
- 100% MONEY BACK GUARANTEE- if you are not satisfied with this putter then return it for your money back!
- CNC Milled Infinity Face-The Power Zone-The face is the engine of the driver and foundation for speed.
- Titanium Speed Chassis-The Strength Zone-A Newly designed T-Bar Speed Chassis is lighter and stronger to withstand high speed collisions and deliver excellent stability and feel.
- 360 Carbon Wrap Crown-The Light Zone-A 360 Carbon wrap crown covers 50% of the club body, adding stiffness to the chassis while saving 25 grams of discretionary weight that we moved low, back, and to the perimeter.
- Speed back Weighting-The LOW CG Zone-69 grams of mass is positioned as low as possible, creating the most efficient transfer of energy to the ball and speed that you can relish every time you step on the tee.
- Speed back Shape-The Aero Zone-A streamlined shape with milled perimeter leading edges harness airflow with ultimate precision for maximum acceleration power.
- ⛳CUP FACE DESIGN:CNC Cup Face with high rebound,more efficient at delivering fast ball speed across the face, especially on mis-hits for increased average distance,also sound crisp.
- ⛳SUPER LIGHTWEIGHT HEAD:Strong Titanium face has a variable thickness that reduce driver weight,providing faster swing speeds off the tee offer.
- ⛳LARGE SWEET SPOT:460CC deep face expands sweet spot for maximum distance from anywhere on the face.
- ⛳LOW CENTER OF GRAVITY:Back center of gravity zone weighting removes weight from the crown to reposition it low and back in the head for a low,deep CG.
- ⛳SPEED CHANNEL:Speed channel is an engineered trench that surrounds the club face to help minimize face thickness and provide increased ball speeds across the face for incredible distance with forgiveness.
- 460cc oversized driver head gives you a huge sweetspot and more forgiveness
- Steel shaft, cut slightly shorter, gives you more control
- Matching headcover included at no extra charge
- Ram all weather golf grip
- Contents include: Train It and Trust It
- The Hot Streak: Staying Out of Your Own Way
- What the Third Eye Sees
- Let the Short Game Flow
- Anyone Can Develop Confidence
- - Easy golf cart driving and parking game
- - Amazing 3d animations
- - Golf cart driving and parking simulator
- - High quality smart parking 3d graphics
- - Smooth golf cart controls
- Amazon Kindle Edition
- Hogan, Ben (Author)
- English (Publication Language)
- 153 Pages - 11/01/2013 (Publication Date)