One of the best games that seniors can play is golf due to its low impact on the body. Yet even seniors can benefit from having the right kind of driver like those with the following features.
1. Loft Angle
For seniors, you’re likely going to notice that your swing speed isn’t what it used to be. That’s why having the right kind of loft angle in your driver is especially important. It can help cushion the fact that your swing speed isn’t up to par.
If you find that your swing speed is between 70 and 80 mph, then you would benefit from a driver that has a loft angle between 12 and 14 degrees. Yet if you’ve managed to maintain your swing speed at or over 100 mph, then you can still use a driver with a loft angle between 9 and 11 degrees.
The slower your swing speed is the higher your loft angle should be. This will help ensure that the ball hits up into the air and at the angle that you need it to go.
A lot of modifications for drivers for seniors are done to the shaft. This is because the shaft allows for a lot of customization to make the game more comfortable. A few features to keep in mind when it comes to the shaft is its weight, flexibility, and its length.
For senior golfers, you’ll benefit the most from a driver that doesn’t weigh that much. This will put less strain on your body and muscles. You can sometimes find drivers that weigh less than 50 grams. Though most are typically around 60 grams. With better control over the weight, you can have more control of the driver.
In terms of flexibility, you’ll need something that has greater flexibility. This is simply because golfers with a slower swing speed need flexible drivers. Golfers who can swing at 110 mph or even higher should still stick with stiff shafts. Those who swing slower will want regular or even more flexible shafts.
Finally, the length of the shaft is important. Long shafts allow you to drive the ball harder and further along the course. It also helps ensure you can get a faster swing speed. However, longer shafts are also harder to control. If you’re an experienced golfer, then you might benefit from a longer shaft. Otherwise, go a bit shorter.
3. Weight Distribution
Another important feature of drivers for seniors is weight distribution. To put less strain on your body, you’ll want a driver that has weight added to the grip end rather than on the driver’s end. You can find manufacturers who make heavy-grip drivers. With a better weight distribution, you’ll perform better and put less strain on your body.
Seniors tend to have to fight a lot of inflammation in their joints. This can spark after only a few rounds of golf. One way to help limit the chance of inflammation occurring is to use a driver that has ergonomics in mind.
This is a kind of drive shaft that is angled slightly different at the grip end. It helps fit your wrist and hand more comfortably, so you’re not wearing down the joints whenever you use the driver. This is a great feature to keep in mind if you want to be able to keep playing the game for years to come.
5. Recoil Control
One last feature to consider in a driver is recoil control. When you strike a ball, the shock can run up your arm. Recoil control limits the shock’s absorption.
- Measures 8" x 8"
- "Senior Driver" safety sign car magnet
- Fun gift or car accessory for over the hill celebrations
- For birthday parties and other festive occasions
- Revolutionary New Shape with Aerodynamic Asymmetric Sole and Inertia Generator: Designed to provide faster clubhead speed for more ball speed and distance while the rear weight creates high MOI for improved forgiveness
- Speed Injected technology for intelligently optimized C. O. R. where golfers typically hit it: Improves ball speed across the face by calibrating each head to the threshold of the legal speed limit
- Twist Face technology with slightly larger face area: Uses corrective face angle face designed to overcome inherent golfer tendencies on mis-hits and to produce straighter shots while providing a larger face for more confidence
- Multi-Material Construction with Carbon, Titanium and Steel: Creates a head design where weight is positioned precisely in the head for ultra-low CG and high MOI
- 2-degree Loft Sleeve: Provides adjustability and personalization to optimize the club for each golfer’s trajectory and face angle preferences
- Uncut 44 inch shaft
- .335 tip
- Durable and sturdy: these senior driver car magnets are made of PVC and magnet, durable and sturdy, long lasting and will serve you for a long time; 2 Styles in this package, 1 piece for each style, 2 pieces totally for you to use
- Chic design: our safety sign car magnet comes with chic fonts, designed exquisitely and attractively, it will your senior driver love to drive while still having some fun, give people a more enjoyable driving experience
- Easy to read: the car magnet goes bold with black and yellow bottom, the words and patterns on the magnet are visible to other drivers from the trunk or car sides
- Removable and convenient: the magnet aims and be applied on a variety of metal surfaces, such as refrigerators, dishwashers, cabinets, washers, dryers and more, easy to remove and reusable, besides, the senior driver car magnet does not need to be removed before a car washing
- Wide range of usages: our safety sign car magnets are suitable for many occasions, you can use them for birthday parties, celebrations and other festive occasions or car accessories
- Lighter overall weight-18 grams of weight saving performance is achieved through a 6 gram lighter clubhead, a 7 gram lighter grip, and a 5 gram lighter shaft
- Forged E9 face technology-a thin forged Titanium face insert is engineered with E9 technology to enhance ball speed and distance across a larger area of the face
- Back/heel weighting-an ultra-forgiving construction features an internal weight pad positioned low, back and heel ward that promotes higher launch and straighter ball flights
- Crown alignment feature-a subtle crown alignment design assists with a square setup at address and provides a visually pleasing detail with it being distracting to the Eye
- Offset or Straight neck drivers-golfers can choose between an Offset design for maximum draw bias or Straight neck design for those that prefer a tradtional look at address
- Kasper, Richard (Author)
- English (Publication Language)
- 258 Pages - 10/25/2017 (Publication Date) - CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform (Publisher)
- Fast Cage: Over 44% of the head has been replaced with lightweight carbon fiber, leaving a rigid titanium skeleton that provides structural stability and precise weight distribution for ultimate in adjustability.
- Spin Control: Wilson’s longest slide track offers golfers a wide range of spin options that will help deliver a low launching ball flight for maximum fairway rollout, or a high launch angle for the greatest carry.
- Direction Control: The Cortex Driver comes standard with the 8g weight near the toe and the 2g weight near the heel. To obtain a draw setting, the 8g weight can easily be moved to the heel and the 2g to be inserted near the toe.
- Trajectory Control: The Fast Fit hosel system allows you to dial in your preferred ball trajectory by fine tuning the loft in half-degree increments.
- Launch Control: Premium Fujikura ATMOS Tour Spec Shafts are available in three profiles, each with a unique launch and spin characteristics.
- INJECTED FOR SPEED: Every head is individually speed tested and injected with tuning resin to optimize COR across the entire face; Speed Injection process is designed to deliver maximum ball speed and distance every time for every player
- TWIST FACE: Revolutionary new face curvature with a corrective face angle on off center hits, engineered to reduce side spin and deliver straighter shots
- AERODYNAMIC CARBON SOLE DESIGN WITH "INERTIA GENERATOR": Sleek aerodynamic shaping provides increased clubhead speed for more distance
- DRAW-BIASED DESIGN: The two-tone crown cosmetics have been altered to make the face angle appear more open, resulting in a more closed face at impact
- Factory sealed DVD
- Peggy Cappy (Actor)
- English (Publication Language)
- Audience Rating: NR (Not Rated)
- Package length: 10.16 cm
- Package width: 16.51 cm
- Package height: 124.46 cm
- Product Type: GOLF CLUB