If you need to run AutoCAD on your laptop, then you need to make sure it’s the best laptop for the job. Here are a few key features to make sure are included in your next laptop for running AutoCAD.
1. High RAM
Oen of the biggest capabilities that your laptop needs to have is high RAM. While the processor is certainly important, the space that you have on your RAM largely determines how well your computer is going to run.
For gamers, you likely understand that if you only have 4GBs of RAM to devote to a game, you’re going to experience a lot of lag. You might not even be able to play the game. The same goes for those who are using AutoCAD. Because you’re working with such precise graphics, your RAM needs to be large.
Otherwise, the program will lag, and you’ll have a difficult time placing objects where you need them. When it comes to RAM, you’ll want something with 8GBs of RAM or more. Even 8GBs might be cutting it too close to low power. While often cheaper, 8GBs of RAM is typically only a good choice for students.
For professionals, you’ll want a laptop that has 16GBs of RAM. Even 32GBs of RAM will ensure that you don’t run into any problems.
Just as important as RAM is the amount of storage you have on the laptop. CAD files are huge. While you can try to upload them to a cloud storage program, you’ll likely run out of space quickly. If you don’t mind paying the extra fees for further storage, then that’s great.
Otherwise, you’ll want to make sure that your SSD has a ton of space. Larger SSDs also help the laptop run faster and better since it tends to slow down once it starts to become too full. For example, a laptop with nearly full SSD storage has a ton of files to shift through in order to find the one that you want.
A laptop that has a large SSD space will have the capability of shifting through your numerous files as an accelerated rate because it’s prepared to handle heavy loads.
When you need a laptop for AutoCAD, you’ll want to look for a laptop that has 512GBs at least of SSD storage. A few hundred fewer GBs might be acceptable for students, but if you’re in the field, then you’re going to be tackling a lot of different projects at once.
You’ll need the extra storage.
One often overlooked aspect of a laptop for work is its display. This shouldn’t be treated as the last detail. You’ll want a screen that’s large. For laptops, this usually rests around 15.8-inches. With the larger screen, you’re able to see your designs easily and limit the amount of strain you do to your eyes and neck.
You should also look for an IPS display that offers full HD or even 4K. This allows you to show off your creations to your clients with vibrant colors and extreme detail.
4. CPU and GPU
A final integral piece of the best kind of laptop for AutoCAD is the CPU and the GPU. The CPU refers to the amount of power that your laptop is capable of producing. For a hungry program like CAD, you’ll find that it wants a lot of power. If your laptop isn’t capable of running the program due to its demands, then you’ll find that it’s laggy.
It may not even work.
The GPU should also be as fast as is possible since the high demand can slow down the laptop.
- Intel Core i7-8565U 1.80GHz Processor (8th Gen, upto 4.60 GHz, 8MB Smart Cache, 4-Cores) ; 24GB DDR4 SODIMM RAM
- NVIDIA Quadro P520 2GB GDDR5 Integrated Graphics
- 15.6" Full HD (1920x1080) Display; 802.11ac Wifi, Bluetooth 5.0, Ethernet LAN (RJ-45), 720p HD Webcam, Fingerprint Security System, Black Color
- 1TB PCIe NVMe SSD; 2xUSB3.1, 1xHDMI, 1xThunderbolt Port, 1xType-C USB, Micro SD Reader, 3.5mm Combo Jack., Windows 10 Pro-64, 3-Cell 57 WHr Battery, 1 Year Manufacturer warranty from GreatPriceTech (Professionally upgraded by GreatPriceTech)
- Includes Portable USB 3.0 Data Hub
- ▌Please Read Before Purchasing ▌This brand new laptop is upgraded from a base model. The manufacturer box is opened and resealed to install the parts to achieve the specifications as advertised. One-year warranty for upgraded RAM / SSD from Issaquah Highlands Tech. One-year original warranty for remaining components from HP. Intel Core i7-8850H (6 cores 12 threads, base clock speed 2.6GHz, max turbo to 4.3GHz, 9MB L3 Cache)
- 64GB DDR4-2400MHz RAM, 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD
- 15.6" FHD(1920x1080) Anti-glare Display, NVIDIA Quadro P2000 (4 GB GDDR5 VRAM dedicated)
- No Optical Drive, USB 3.1 Type-C Thunderbolt 3, 3 x USB 3.0, 1 x HDMI 2.0, 1 x RJ-45, 1 x Audio Combo Jack, 1 x Fingerprint reader, Backlit
- Windows 10 Professional 64-bit, Ideal for Student, Home, Professionals, Small Business, and School Education
- Processor: Intel Quad Core i7-8565U (1.8GHz - 4.6GHz, 8MB Cache)
- Features: 24GB RAM, 512GB NVMe, Backlit Keyboard, Fingerprint Reader
- OS: Windows 10 Professional 64 bit; Display: 15.6" FHD (1920x1080) IPS
- Warranty: 3 Year Lenovo Warranty / 3 Year Oemgenuine Limited Warranty
- Memory & Hard Drive Upgrade | * - View Product Description for complete details and notes
- Processor: Intel Core i7-10750H Six Core Processor (12MB Cache, 2.6GHz-5.0GHz) 45W
- RAM: 32GB DDR4 2666MHz | Hard Drive: 1TB NVMe Solid State Drive
- Keyboard: White Backlight Keyboard (84 Key) | Operating System: Windows 10 Pro x64
- Graphics: NVIDIA Quadro P620 4GB | Display: 15.6" Full HD IPS-Level 60Hz Thin Bezel Display (1920 x 1080)
- 32GB RAM / 1TB NVMe SSD Upgrades | 3-Year CUK Limited Warranty (View warranty section below for more details.)
- Clean, elegant design — thin and light, starting at just 2.76 pounds, Surface Laptop 2 fits easily in your bag.
- Choose from rich tone-on-tone color combinations: Platinum, Burgundy, and Cobalt Blue.
- Improved speed and performance to do what you want, with the latest 8th Generation Intel Core processor.
- All-day battery life, with up to 14.5 hours of video playback. Vibrant 13.5” PixelSense Display with interactive touchscreen and razor-sharp resolution.
- The Windows you know — comes with Windows 10 Home. Wireless : Wi-Fi: IEEE 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac compatible Bluetooth Wireless 4.1 technology
- Processor: Intel Core i7-10750H Six Core Processor (12MB Cache, 2.6GHz-5.0GHz) 45W
- RAM: 64GB DDR4 2666MHz | Hard Drive: 2TB NVMe Solid State Drive
- Keyboard: White backlight keyboard (102 Key) | Operating System: Windows 10 Pro x64
- Graphics: NVIDIA Quadro RTX 3000 6GB GDDR6 | Display: 17.3" Full HD IPS-Level 144Hz Thin Bezel Display (1920 x 1080)
- 64GB RAM + 2TB NVMe SSD Upgrade | 3-Year CUK Limited Warranty (View warranty section below for more details.)
- Latest and Powerful Powerful and lastest 10th Generation Intel Core i7-10750H (12MB Cache, up to 5.0 GHz, 6 cores), Intel Turbo Boost Technology brings even more extra power.
- 15.6 inch FHD(1920x1080) 300nits WVA Anti-Glare LED Backlit Display(non-touch), 60Hz refresh rate. NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 Ti 4GB GDDR6 provide everyday image quality for Internet use, high-end photo editing and casual gaming.
- Ram is upgraded up to 32GB DDR4 Memory for fast processing and advanced multitasking , Hard Drive is upgraded up to 1TB SSD for delivering fast start-up time and data access. SSD works much faster than HDD. So it will improve the whole performance of a PC. System will also come with 1TB or 2TB Hard Drive for even more storage room(optional)
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 Ti 4GB GDDR6; 1 x HDMI 2.0, 1 x Headset jack, 2 x SuperSpeed USB 2.0, 1 x Wedge lock slot, 1 x SuperSpeed USB 3.2 Gen 1, 1 x RJ-45 Ethernet, 1 x USB-C with DisplayPort Alt-Mode
- Windows 10 Home 64-bit English, the Best version of Windows OS and Great for Home users. 3-Cell 42WHr Battery, TELA 32GB USB Drive: Authorized Seller only
- 16GB DDR4 RAM; Storage: 512GB SSD (Seal is opened for upgrade ONLY, Professional Installation Service included)
- 15.6" Touchscreen WLED-backlit HD SVA (1366 x 768)
- 8th Generation Intel Quad Core i5-8250U (1.6 GHz base frequency, up to 3.4 GHz with Intel Turbo Boost Technology, 6 MB cache, 4 Cores 8 Threads)
- Intel UHD Graphics 620 Supports 4K and 1080P output to external monitors; HP Wide Vision Full HD Infrared Webcam; Bang & Olufsen, USB type-C 3.1 Gen 1, HDMI, 802.11ac Wi-Fi + BlueTooth Combo
- Windows 10 Home 64-bit; Ideal for School Students, Home, Small Business, Lite Gaming
- 64GB RAM | 1TB PCIe SSD + 1TB HDD
- Equipped With The Powerful and Latest 10th Generation Intel Core i7 Processors, Intel Hexa-Core i7-10750H ( 2.6 GHz base frequency, up to 5.0 GHz, 12 MB Intel Smart Cache, 12 Threads )
- 17.3 inch Thin Bezel Full HD (1920 x 1080) 144Hz IPS 3ms 100% sRGB 72%NTSC Display; Dedicated NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 Ti 6GB GDDR6
- 1x USB 3.1 Gen 2 Type-C; 3x USB 3.1 Gen 1; 1x HDMI-Out; 1x Media Card Reader; 1x Mini-Display Port mDP v1.2; 1x RJ-45 Connector; 1x Mic-In/Headphone-Out Jack
- Microsoft Windows 10 Home (64-bit), Single Backlight with Anti-Ghosting Key + Silver Lining, 2x 3W Giant Speakers, Intel Wi-Fi 6 Gig+ AX201 (2x2) + Bluetooth 5.0, Integrated 720p HD Webcam : 【iCarp Wireless Mouse Included】
- 15. 6" Ultrasharp FHD (1920x1080) Wide View Anti-glare LED Backlit Display
- Intel Core i7 Quad-Core (i7-4900MQ) 2. 80 GHz up to 3. 8GHz processor; 16GB system memory for advanced multitasking; 500GB HDD
- Bluetooth, WiFi 802. 11ac, HDMI; 4x USB 3. 0; 1x USB/eSATA; DVD-RW; Nvidia Quadro K2100M (2 GB)
- Windows 10 pro 64 bit; Backlit Keyboard