If you need to run AutoCAD on your laptop, then you need to make sure it’s the best laptop for the job. Here are a few key features to make sure are included in your next laptop for running AutoCAD.
1. High RAM
Oen of the biggest capabilities that your laptop needs to have is high RAM. While the processor is certainly important, the space that you have on your RAM largely determines how well your computer is going to run.
For gamers, you likely understand that if you only have 4GBs of RAM to devote to a game, you’re going to experience a lot of lag. You might not even be able to play the game. The same goes for those who are using AutoCAD. Because you’re working with such precise graphics, your RAM needs to be large.
Otherwise, the program will lag, and you’ll have a difficult time placing objects where you need them. When it comes to RAM, you’ll want something with 8GBs of RAM or more. Even 8GBs might be cutting it too close to low power. While often cheaper, 8GBs of RAM is typically only a good choice for students.
For professionals, you’ll want a laptop that has 16GBs of RAM. Even 32GBs of RAM will ensure that you don’t run into any problems.
Just as important as RAM is the amount of storage you have on the laptop. CAD files are huge. While you can try to upload them to a cloud storage program, you’ll likely run out of space quickly. If you don’t mind paying the extra fees for further storage, then that’s great.
Otherwise, you’ll want to make sure that your SSD has a ton of space. Larger SSDs also help the laptop run faster and better since it tends to slow down once it starts to become too full. For example, a laptop with nearly full SSD storage has a ton of files to shift through in order to find the one that you want.
A laptop that has a large SSD space will have the capability of shifting through your numerous files as an accelerated rate because it’s prepared to handle heavy loads.
When you need a laptop for AutoCAD, you’ll want to look for a laptop that has 512GBs at least of SSD storage. A few hundred fewer GBs might be acceptable for students, but if you’re in the field, then you’re going to be tackling a lot of different projects at once.
You’ll need the extra storage.
One often overlooked aspect of a laptop for work is its display. This shouldn’t be treated as the last detail. You’ll want a screen that’s large. For laptops, this usually rests around 15.8-inches. With the larger screen, you’re able to see your designs easily and limit the amount of strain you do to your eyes and neck.
You should also look for an IPS display that offers full HD or even 4K. This allows you to show off your creations to your clients with vibrant colors and extreme detail.
4. CPU and GPU
A final integral piece of the best kind of laptop for AutoCAD is the CPU and the GPU. The CPU refers to the amount of power that your laptop is capable of producing. For a hungry program like CAD, you’ll find that it wants a lot of power. If your laptop isn’t capable of running the program due to its demands, then you’ll find that it’s laggy.
It may not even work.
The GPU should also be as fast as is possible since the high demand can slow down the laptop.
- Intel Core i7-8565U 1.80GHz Processor (8th Gen, upto 4.60 GHz, 8MB Smart Cache, 4-Cores) ; 40GB DDR4 SODIMM RAM
- NVIDIA Quadro P520 2GB GDDR5 Integrated Graphics
- 15.6" Full HD (1920x1080) Display; 802.11ac Wifi, Bluetooth 5.0, Ethernet LAN (RJ-45), 720p HD Webcam, Fingerprint Security System, Black Color
- 2TB PCIe NVMe SSD; 2xUSB3.1, 1xHDMI, 1xThunderbolt Port, 1xType-C USB, Micro SD Reader, 3.5mm Combo Jack., Windows 10 Pro-64, 3-Cell 57 WHr Battery, 1 Year Manufacturer warranty from GreatPriceTech (Professionally upgraded by GreatPriceTech)
- Includes Portable USB 3.0 Data Hub
- Renewed products work and look like new. These pre-owned products have been inspected and tested by Amazon-qualified suppliers. Box and accessories may be generic. All Renewed products come with the 90-day Amazon Renewed Guarantee.
- 15.6" Ultrasharp FHD (1920x1080) Wide View Anti-glare LED Backlit Display
- Intel Core i7 Quad-Core (i7-4810MQ) 2.80 GHz up to 3.8GHz processor; 32GB system memory for advanced multitasking; 256GB SSD
- Bluetooth, WiFi 802.11ac, HDMI; 4x USB 3.0; 1x USB/eSATA; DVD-RW; Nvidia Quadro K2100M (2 GB)
- Microsoft Windows 10 pro 64 bit, Backlit Keyboard
- Brand New in box. The product ships with all relevant accessories
- 15. 6" Ultrasharp FHD (1920x1080) Wide View Anti-glare LED Backlit Display
- Intel Core i7 Quad-Core (i7-4900MQ) 2. 80 GHz up to 3. 8GHz processor; 16GB system memory for advanced multitasking; 500GB HDD
- Bluetooth, WiFi 802. 11ac, HDMI; 4x USB 3. 0; 1x USB/eSATA; DVD-RW; Nvidia Quadro K2100M (2 GB)
- Windows 10 pro 64 bit; Backlit Keyboard
- 【Upgraded】Seal is opened for upgrade ONLY, 2-years warraty on Upgraded RAM/SSD from NexiPC, and original 1-Year Manufacture warranty on remaining components. from Base Model with Specs 8GB RAM + 256GB SSD, 15.6 inch FHD (1920 x 1080) anti-glare display, Intel Iris Plus Graphics
- 【Quad Core i7-1065G7】Intel Core i7-1065G7 (1.3 GHz base frequency, up to 3.9 GHz with Intel Turbo Boost Technology, 8 MB cache, 4 cores), 3-cell, 42 Wh Li-ion, up to 4 hours
- 【High Speed】RAM is upgraded to 32GB DDR4 memory for multitasking Adequate high-bandwidth RAM to smoothly run multiple applications and browser tabs all at once
- 【Enormous Space】Hard Drive is upgraded to 1TB SSD (Boot) + 1TB HDD provides massive storage space for huge files, so that you can store important digital data and work your way through it with ease. Enhance the overall performance of the laptop for business, student, daily usage
- 【Authorized NexiGo Bundle】 Bundled with NexiGo 2.4GHz Wireless Mouse, Easy Connection, 1 AA battery needed (not included in the package), Authorized Sellers ONLY. 1 x HDMI, 1 x headphone/microphone combo, 1 x USB 2.0, 2 x USB 3.1
- AMD Ryzen 5 3500U Quad-core processor (Up to 3.7GHz) | 8GB DDR4 Memory | 256GB PCIe NVMe SSD
- 15 6" Full HD (1920 x 1080) widescreen LED-backlit IPS display | AMD Radeon Vega 8 mobile graphics
- 1 - USB 3 1 Gen 1 port 2 - USB 2 0 ports & 1 - HDMI port with HDCP support
- 802 11AC Wi-Fi | Backlit keyboard | Up to 7 5 hours battery life
- Windows 10 Home
- 1. Intel Xeon E-2176M (6 Cores, 2.7 / 4.4GHz, 12MB Cache, 2400MHz)
- 2. 16GB DDR4 Memory, 512GB SSD M.2 PCIe NVMe Opal2
- 3. 15.6 Inch Anti-glare FHD (1920x1080) IPS with NVIDIA Quadro P2000 (4GB) graphics and Webcam
- 4. Intel 9560ac WiFi + BlueTooth 4.1 , Fingerprint Reader ; 6 Cell Long Lasting Battery
- 5. Windows 10 Professional Installed, 3-Year Warranty, Part Number 20M90010US
- Latest-generation NVIDIA GTX 1070 8GB graphics Card, Intel Core i7-7700HQ Processor
- 16GB DDR4 2400MHz RAM, 128GB SATA III SSD + 1TB HDD. During post, you can access the BIOS settings or run troubleshooting options using the function keys of your notebook PC
- 15. 6" FHD 1920x1080 120 Hz G-SYNC Display with Wide view panel
- Duo-copper thermal module and duo cooling fans for increases CPU and GPU performance
- Powerful battery rated 62WHrs, 4 Cell Li-ion battery pack, illuminated chiclet Keyboard
- Leveraging the power and speed of its 9th Gen Intel Core processor (Core i5-9300H, max turbo frequency 4.10 GHz/base frequency 2.40 GHz), and high-performance NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 graphics powered by NVIDIA Turing GPU architecture, the Nitro 5 delivers a knockout blow to the gaming competition
- Soar to new gaming heights—anytime, anywhere—with the Nitro 5. This ultra-cool machine is sure to catch your eye with its sleek, mobile design, 15.6” LED-Backlit Full-HD Widescreen IPS Display, and a wide range of gaming-rich features to put you in total command of the action
- USB 3.1 Type C Gen 1 port, two USB 3.1 Gen 1 ports, USB 2.0 port, and HDMI 2.0 port. HD Webcam (1280 x 720) Supporting Super High Dynamic Range (SHDR). Two built-in stereo speakers. Backlit keyboard. Lithium-Ion battery, up to 7-hours of battery life
- 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet LAN (RJ-45 port). Bluetooth 5.0. Intel Wireless-AC 9560 802.11ac Gigabit Wi-Fi which can deliver up to 1.73Gbps throughput when using 160Mhz channels (Dual-Band 2.4GHz and 5GHz)
- Commands are just a touch away with the dedicated NitroSense Key, while the WASD and arrow keys are highlighted for easy location. Enjoy the tactile feel of keys with a travel distance of 1.6mm
- 14" HD (1366 x 768) WLED-backlight Display,Intel HD Graphics 620
- Intel Dual Core 7th Gen i3-7100U 2 Cores 4 Threads 2.4Ghz 3 MB SmartCache Base Frequency
- 8GB Ddr4 Memory, 1st Hard Drive:256GB SSD Boot Driver,2nd Hard Drive:None,No DVD,SSD enhance multitasking power smoothly run multiple programs and browser all at once,
- Full-size island-style keyboard with numeric keypad.,HD Audio with Stereo Speakers,3-cell Lithium ion Upto 7.5 Hours Battery Life,Bluetooth,2 X USB 3.1 Gen 1 Type-A, 1 X USB 2.0, 1 X HDMI v1.4b, 1x Combio Headphone/Microphone Jack, 1 X RJ-45 (Gigabit Ethernet 10/100/1000)
- Windows 10 Home 64-Bit