Do you stare at a computer monitor all day? Then you might need a monitor with some of the following features to protect your eyesight for the future.
When looking for a computer monitor, one feature to keep in mind is its capability for IPS. IPS stands for In-Plane-Switching. This technology basically uses LCD displays to make the view wider and have vibrant colors. Since most monitors pack in tiny details into its simple plane viewport, you can go cross-eyed staring at the compact view.
IPS helps removes that problem. By making the view wider, your eyes no longer have to focus in on the compact viewport. Instead, your eyes are able to wander across the screen like they normally would when looking at something.
This can help prevent eyestrain and might even lead to reduced headaches and migraines because your eyes aren’t straining on a single focal point anymore.
2. Blue Light Filter
Perhaps you’ve heard a lot about blue filter and how it can damage the eyes. Blue filter is similar to the kind of light that the sun produces. The reason that most monitors and even phone screens have it is that it can help block out the sun’s glare.
Screens can become too dark when used outside with the sun’s glare. The light from the sun basically overpowers the traditional light used in a computer monitor. However, blue light was a special kind of light that was installed to combat this problem. Now, when you use your phone or laptop outside, you can still see a bright picture.
The problem with blue light, however, is that it also eats away at your vision when stared at for too long. There are also links to insomnia and worsened sleep conditions. Your brain is wired to remain awake when the sun is out and shining. The same goes for blue light.
When your eyes are looking at the blue light, the brain recognizes it as the sun and wants to remain awake. This can lead to difficulty in sleeping as well as a sleep that isn’t as restful.
Luckily, there are certain computer monitors that can remove blue light from the monitor when you need it. To protect your eyes and improve your sleep, you might want a monitor that has a blue light filter installed on it.
3. Increased Pixels
Another feature to look for in your future monitor is increased pixels. For those who want to have vibrant colors and in-depth details, then pixels are the main aspect to consider. The more pixels something has, the better the picture quality is going to be.
For gamers or for those who have to stare at details for long hours on end, you could be giving yourself more eye strain than is necessary just because of the pixel count you have in your monitor.
With increased pixels, the details emerge. You no longer have to squint or focus too hard to look at the tiniest of details on your project. When looking for a new monitor, find something that has a large number of pixels.
Besides the blue light filter, another helpful feature that your monitor should have to help increase the health of your eyes is to have filters. These filters are usually categorized as reading, Eco, sRGB, Photo, Movie, Standard, and Game.
All of these filters basically mess with the pixel ratio, color, saturation, blue light, and other aspects to give different qualities of a picture. This helps you because it can ensure that you’re using the best viewport for your needs.
- 27-inch Full HD monitor with IPS technology and a stunningly wide 178° viewing angle
- Up to 75Hz refresh rate with Adaptive-Sync/FreeSync technology to eliminate screen tearing and choppy frame rates for fast and smooth gaming
- ASUS-exclusive GamePlus with crosshair, timer, FPS counter, display alignment functions
- TÜV Rheinland Certification for Flicker-free and Low Blue Light technology to ensure a comfortable viewing experience
- Slim and frameless design with VESA wall-mountable to save on desktop space
- 24 inch full HD 1080P IPS panel: 23. 8” full HD IPS widescreen with 1920x1080 resolution, 250 nits of brightness, built-in speakers
- Wide viewing angle: 178° wide viewing angle for clarity from any viewing angle
- Edge to edge slim bezel design: Ultra-slim bezel for virtually seamless multi-panel configurations for extended view, space-saving base, elegant design for home office
- Patented Eye-Care for extended use: Proprietary brightness Intelligence Adaptive technology adjusts brightness for comfortable viewing, low blue light and zero-flicker technology prevent headaches and eye strain. This eye tech delivers optimized images that are easy on your eyes.
- Integrated cable management system: neatly hides cables inside monitor stand; VESA wall mount: 100 x 100 (millimeter)
- Cabinet Color Black, Usage Consumer, Screen Size 23.8", Glare Screen Non-glare, LED Backlight WLED, Widescreen Yes, Recommended Resolution 1920 x 1080, Viewing Angle 178° (H) / 178° (V),
- Pixel Pitch 0.2745mm, Display Colors 16.7 Million (6-bit+FRC), Brightness 250 cd/m2, Contrast Ratio DCR 100,000,000:1 (3,000:1), Aspect Ratio 16:9, Response Time 5ms (GTG),
- Horizontal Refresh Rate 30 - 83 KHz, Vertical Refresh Rate 49 - 76 Hz, Panel VA, Display Type Full HD, Input Video Compatibility Analog RGB, Digital,
- Connectors D-Sub, HDMI, D-Sub 1, HDMI 1, Power Supply 100 - 240 VAC, 50/60Hz, Power Consumption Power Consumption:
- 60 hertz
- 21.5” Full HD with 10-point multi-touch capacity, suitable for any application that involves virtual keyboard or multi-touch
- Stunningly wide 178° viewing angles and vivid, colorful displays with IPS panel
- Frameless design makes it perfect for almost-seamless multi-display setups
- ASUS Eye Care technology with flicker-free backlighting and blue light filter to minimize eye fatigue
- Flexible connectivity with HDMI and VGA
- 23" Full HD (1920 x 1080) IPS monitor with a wide 178° viewing angle. Flexible connectivity with HDMI and VGA ports
- Stereo 1.5W speakers provide spacious sound while eliminating the need for external speakers. Not VESA mount compatible.
- 0.27" Ultra Slim, white and silver body with frameless design is great for multi-monitor viewing in style
- Asus Eye Care technology with flicker-free and blue light filter to minimize eye fatigue. Industry leading 3 years warranty with rapid replacement
- Troubleshoot-screen image is too light or dark adjust the contrast and brightness settings via OSD. No sound or sound is low, adjust the volume settings of your monitor or computer and make sure the computer sound card driver is properly installed and activated.Brightness): 250 cd/㎡
- 21.5-inch Full HD (1920 x 1080) LED backlight display with IPS 178° wide viewing angle panel
- Up to 75Hz refresh rate with Adaptive-Sync/FreeSync technology to eliminate tracing and ensure crisp and clear video playback
- ASUS Eye Care technology features TÜV Rheinland-certified Flicker-free and Low Blue Light technologies to ensure a comfortable viewing experience, Color Augmentation for better color differentiation, and Rest Reminder to prevent eye fatigue caused by long screen viewing time
- Extensive connectivity including HDMI (v1.4) and VGA ports
- Supports both Adaptive-Sync with NVIDIA GeForce* graphics cards and FreeSync with AMD Radeon graphics cards *Compatible with NVIDIA GeForce GTX 10 series, GTX 16 series, RTX 20 series and newer graphics cards
- BE THE DIFFERENCE: With modern design, Full HD 1080p resolution, and TN panel, this monitor look as good as it performs
- NO IMAGE TEARING: AMD FreeSync technology enables smooth frame rates to aid you in battle
- COMFORTABLE GAMING: Flicker-Free technology and Blue Light Filter for all-day comfort
- GAME ON: An arsenal of pre-set customizable visual modes keeps you ready for any FPS, RTS, or MOBA games
- FLEXIBLE CONNECTIVITY: The VX2257-MHD supports laptops, PCs, and Macs with HDMI, DisplayPort, and VGA inputs
- CURVED DESIGN: Immersive 1500R curved viewing experience with panoramic images, vivid color, and incredible detail in 2K resolution
- BE THE DIFFERENCE: Fast 1ms response time, and amazing 144Hz refresh rate give you the edge in all your gaming quests
- SMOOTH GAMING: AMD FreeSync Premium technology enables smooth frame rates to aid you in battle
- GAME ON: An arsenal of pre-set customizable visual modes keeps you ready for any FPS, RTS, eSports, or MOBA games
- FLEXIBLE CONNECTIVITY: The VX3268-2KPC-MHD supports laptops, PCs, and Macs with HDMI and DisplayPort inputs
- 27 inch Full HD (1920x1080) display with 165Hz refresh rate (supports 144Hz) and 0 5ms (GTG) response time Perfect to gain the upper hand in FPS racer real-time strategy and sport titles and free Sync/Adaptive Sync for a tear-free experience
- G-SYNC compatible technology supported through DisplayPort and HDMI ports provides variable refresh rates for low latency stuttering-free and tearing-free while gaming
- Extreme low motion blur (ELMB) technology reduces ghosting and motion blur creating a fluid gaming experience
- Marathon ready with ASUS Eye Care technology to minimize eye fatigue and an ergonomic stand with full height/tilt/swivel/pivot adjustments to accommodate any desk
- Flexible connectivity options with DisplayPort 1 2 HDMI 1 4 Dual-link DVI-D
- 22-Inch full HD resolution: IPS display with Wide Viewing angles
- Frameless monitor: ultra-slim bezels for edge-to-edge display
- Patented eye Care: reduce eye strain and other eye issues with the brightness Intelligence Proprietary sensor that detects ambient light and adjusts Display brightness and color temperature for a brilliant view that's easy on your eyes, zeroflicker eliminates screen Flicker, low Blue light filters harmful Blue light
- Integrated cable management: neatly hide cables inside the monitor stand
- Dual HDMI connectivity: 2 HDMI ports for convenient switching between media devices