For a yard that hills, you need the right kind of mower. The following features are something you should keep in mind to ensure you have the best mower for a lawn with hills.
1. Height Settings
Because hills don’t always slope perfectly, you’re going to be faced with numerous height differences in your grass. Some have better direct access to the sun than other patches. That means they’re going to grow just a bit longer than those without constant direct access to the sun.
You don’t want your lawn to be mowed with various lengths of grass after you’ve finished. That’s where having a mower with height settings is so important. It allows you to control how low or high the cutting deck is angled.
This allows you to ensure that you’re cutting your grass at exactly the same height all over the hill. It can also help you get into those weird angles that can make a mower with a standard height setting unable to reach the grass.
2. Hi-VAC Technology
Another important feature for mowers that work on hills is to have Hi-VAC technology. This technology basically works like a vacuum. As it passes over the grass, it pulls it up towards the cutting deck. This is an extremely important feature to have for your mower that’s going to be doing work on hills.
Because of the weird angles, even with height settings, your mower might still not be able to fit into an odd crook. However, with Hi-VAC technology, the mower can suck the grass towards the cutting deck. It gives you a better chance of being able to get into those really weird angles that the hill provides.
3. Powerful Motor
Your standard motor isn’t going to cut it with hills. They’re designed for minimal effort and flat lawns. To pull the heavy mower up the hill, it’s going to require a heavy-duty motor. When looking for a mower for your hills, you need one that has a powerful motor.
Whether you choose a riding mower or a push-one, the engine matters. Riding mowers, especially, need a heavy-duty engine because it’s going to be pulling the mower as well as your weight up a hill.
Push-mowers only has its own weight to worry about, but to make your life easier, you’ll want something powerful enough to do more of the lifting for you. Otherwise, you’re going to be exhausted pushing the mower up and down the hill without any help.
One feature that is often overlooked in mowers is its traction. For those with flat lawns, traction doesn’t matter that much. Yet if you have hills, then you’re going to need to make sure that your mower has excellent traction.
Most users think of traction as something they need in their car for the snow or rain on the roads. They don’t consider their needs for their lawn. Yet if you have a hill, then traction is extremely important.
A mower with great traction capabilities is going to ensure that you’re able to make it up any steep hill. Mowers without traction will likely slip down the hill. You’ll never make it to the top. Traction can also help keep the engine from being overused.
With less strain on the motor, it will last longer.
5. Automatic Transmission
For riding mowers, specifically, it’s important to have automatic transmission. While you might be able to get away with shifting gears as needed, having an automatic transmission is just easier. The demands on your mower can vary by the second. The transmission can react immediately.
- 200CC OHV GAS ENGINE & 22-INCH STEEL MOWING DECK: PowerSmart gas lawn mower contains with powerful 4-stroke, single cylinder gas engine which provides you powerful back up for clearing the tallest and toughest grass. Forced air-cooling system is equipped and ensures the continuous power of the engine to get your job finished. 22-inch steel mowing deck creates the large cutting area with high durability, which can help you cut bigger jobs easily.
- ADJUSTABLE CUTTING DEPTH: The Self-Propelled mower has 5-position height adjustment which allows you to change the cutting height to cut grass and overgrowth easily, cutting height in this Self-Propelled lawn mower can be adjusted between the range of 1.18 to 3.02 inch, and cutting width is 22 inch.
- FLEXIBLE AND AGILE: 3-in-1 side discharge and mulching capability allows you to spread grass clippings to the side, returning key nutrients to your lawn so your grass can grow healthy and thick. The 11.5-inch rear wheels in this gas Self-Propelled mower make it easy to push. This labour-saving design can enhance your work efficiency.
- QUICK FOLDING & TIDILY STORAGE: The gas power lawn mower can be quickly folded without tools due to the foldable handle design. It can be stored tidily after folding, save space and keep your work house organized. Grass Bag capacity of this mower is 14.6 Gallon, oil capacity is 16.9 fl.oz, and weight is 86lb.
- CUSTOMER SATISFICATION: PowerSmart is always aiming on providing great consumers value with the absolute best price and quality entire line of products. All of our products qualify for a 3 years warranty, Our service team will provide premium service to help solve any problem.
- Powerful: blade hub spins at up to 7000 RPM To create a cushion of air to skim across the lawn
- CUTTING BLADES: 3 rotating cutting blades provide a crisp, 11-inch wide, wheel-free cutting path – in any direction
- Versatile: ideal for sloped lawns, and Small yards
- Replacement blades: quick easy cutting blade replacement – includes 30 replacement blades
- We’ve got you covered! : your new lawn mower is backed by the snow Joe + Sun Joe customer promise. We will warrant New, powered products for two years from the date of purchase. No questions asked. Contact snow Joe + Sun Joe customer Support at 1-866-766-9563 for further assistance.
- POWERFUL: Perfect for small to medium lawns, battery-powered mower's durable steel blade cuts a crisp 14" wide path with precision in a single pass
- PERFORMANCE: The 28 V 4 Ah rechargeable lithium-ion battery for up to a quarter acre of continuous mowing per charge
- ADJUSTABLE DECK: Tailor cutting height with 3-position manual height adjustment
- ACCESSORIES: Detachable 10. 6-gal (40 l) grass catcher for easy disposal
- PRO VERSION: Comes with rear discharge chute (MJ401E-DCA)
- New 22X11.00-10 Kenda K472 Zero Turn Mower Tires 22X11-10 some Grasshopper
- ... Stronger than 2 ply Rated TUBELESS
- Fits 10" diameter rim size K472 STAGGERED BAR TIRES
- THIS ITEM DOES NOT SHIP TO ALASKA, HAWAII, US POSSESSIONS OT TERRITORIES
- THIS ITEM SHIPS ONLY TO THE 48 CONTIGUOUS UNITED STATES
- 3 tools in 1, easily converts from mower to trimmer to edger
- AFS automatic feed system ensures continuous work without bumping and having to stop. Ideal Property Size 750 ft²
- Power drive transmission prevents bogging down. Cutting heights: 1.6 2.4 inch
- Adjustable height deck & trimmer and pivoting handle. Charge time at 60 percent 2.5 hrs
- Includes (2) batteries for extended run time
- Powerful 13 amp motor delivers enough power to cut through the toughest grass
- Durable Steel 21" Cutting deck gets the job done quicker and more efficiently
- 3-In-1 feature provides options for grass clippings from rear bagging, side discharge and mulching capabilities
- 7-Position Height adjustment offers a range of cutting Height from 1-3/4" To 3-3/4" For all grass types
- Wide 10" Rear wheels and 7" Front wheels
- Rear Wheel Drive System provides a better traction and control on hilly terrain
- 2-Point Height-of-Cut System allows you to quickly adjust cutting heights from one side of the mower. Height of Cut- 6 Position 1.25 – 3.75 inches. Cutting Width- 21 inch
- 3 year Tru-Start Commitment - starts with 1 or 2 pulls or Lawn-Boy will fix it for free
- Kohler 149cc/ 6.5 ft.-lbs. Gross Torque/ OHV Engine
- CARB Compliant for the state of California
- The Greenworks Pro 80V Mower features a 21" steel deck, brushless motor, self-propelled rear wheel drive, 3-In-1 design, 7-position single handle height adjustment, vertical storage, push button start, 4-year tool, 2-year battery
- Greenworks Pro 80V brushless mower provides up to 45 minutes run-time with fully charged 4Ah battery. Run-time varies based on grass condition and operator technique
- Durable 21" steel deck allows you to handle large areas of grass quickly and easily. Self-propelled rear wheel drive can be easily adjusted to your stride
- Brushless motor provides more torque, quiet operation, and longer life
- 3-In-1 design allows you to mulch, rear bag, or side discharge your grass clippings. Use up to 70% less space in your garage with the vertical storage feature
- POWERFUL, RELIABLE PERFORMANCE + 5-YEAR WARRANTY: The 120vRX brushless motor has the torque of a gas engine to cut through all grass types and conditions with up to 100 minutes of runtime on a single charge with two batteries installed. Dual battery ports operate either battery when two are installed. When one is completely discharged, the sensor powers the other battery to keep you going. The mower operates with only one battery installed if you need to charge the other battery while cutting.
- TORQUE-SENSE TECHNOLOGY: Sensors built in to the motor receive feedback while you are cutting and sense when more power is needed for thick, dense or wet grass to increase the blade speed for a premium cut. This gives you power when you need it and saves energy when you don’t to extend the runtime even longer.
- SELF-PROPELLED / SPEED ADJUSTABLE DRIVE: Step up to self-propelled power drive with a simple control lever on the handle to reduce effort and achieve a perfect cut every time! Adjust the speed with the touch of a lever at your fingertips. Self-propelled drive is essential for yards with hills and slopes of all degrees to maintain a consistent cut and is safer by providing more control during operation.
- 3-in-1 DECK ADAPTS TO YOUR NEEDS: The 22” steel deck converts from rear-bagging to mulching to side discharge quickly and easily. Vortex tunnel design transfers clippings into the bag to achieve +95% capacity to extend time between emptying the bag. The hybrid bag design is easier to remove and empty.
- Complete kit includes 2 batteries: this is a complete mower kit including (2) 120Vrx high-capacity 2 5 Ah batteries, (1) 4 amp fast charger and the 22” self-propelled mower with Steel deck including everything needed to bag, mulch or side discharge while cutting
- POWERFUL 159CC OHV GAS ENGINE: Powerful gas engine comes equipped with recoil and auto choke. No more fussing with a primer or choke - just pull to start!
- 3-IN-1 CAPABILITIES: Unit has side discharge, rear discharge, and mulching capabilities.
- FRONT WHEEL DRIVE: Tip-up, turn, and maneuver around level terrain with ease.
- SELF PROPELLED AND VARIABLE SPEED: Move around your yard with less effort and the propulsion speed of your choice.
- DUAL-LEVER ADJUSTABLE CUTTING HEIGHT: Choose from 6 different height settings to suit user’s needs.