For a yard that hills, you need the right kind of mower. The following features are something you should keep in mind to ensure you have the best mower for a lawn with hills.
1. Height Settings
Because hills don’t always slope perfectly, you’re going to be faced with numerous height differences in your grass. Some have better direct access to the sun than other patches. That means they’re going to grow just a bit longer than those without constant direct access to the sun.
You don’t want your lawn to be mowed with various lengths of grass after you’ve finished. That’s where having a mower with height settings is so important. It allows you to control how low or high the cutting deck is angled.
This allows you to ensure that you’re cutting your grass at exactly the same height all over the hill. It can also help you get into those weird angles that can make a mower with a standard height setting unable to reach the grass.
2. Hi-VAC Technology
Another important feature for mowers that work on hills is to have Hi-VAC technology. This technology basically works like a vacuum. As it passes over the grass, it pulls it up towards the cutting deck. This is an extremely important feature to have for your mower that’s going to be doing work on hills.
Because of the weird angles, even with height settings, your mower might still not be able to fit into an odd crook. However, with Hi-VAC technology, the mower can suck the grass towards the cutting deck. It gives you a better chance of being able to get into those really weird angles that the hill provides.
3. Powerful Motor
Your standard motor isn’t going to cut it with hills. They’re designed for minimal effort and flat lawns. To pull the heavy mower up the hill, it’s going to require a heavy-duty motor. When looking for a mower for your hills, you need one that has a powerful motor.
Whether you choose a riding mower or a push-one, the engine matters. Riding mowers, especially, need a heavy-duty engine because it’s going to be pulling the mower as well as your weight up a hill.
Push-mowers only has its own weight to worry about, but to make your life easier, you’ll want something powerful enough to do more of the lifting for you. Otherwise, you’re going to be exhausted pushing the mower up and down the hill without any help.
One feature that is often overlooked in mowers is its traction. For those with flat lawns, traction doesn’t matter that much. Yet if you have hills, then you’re going to need to make sure that your mower has excellent traction.
Most users think of traction as something they need in their car for the snow or rain on the roads. They don’t consider their needs for their lawn. Yet if you have a hill, then traction is extremely important.
A mower with great traction capabilities is going to ensure that you’re able to make it up any steep hill. Mowers without traction will likely slip down the hill. You’ll never make it to the top. Traction can also help keep the engine from being overused.
With less strain on the motor, it will last longer.
5. Automatic Transmission
For riding mowers, specifically, it’s important to have automatic transmission. While you might be able to get away with shifting gears as needed, having an automatic transmission is just easier. The demands on your mower can vary by the second. The transmission can react immediately.
- Used Book in Good Condition
- Judith Callard (Author)
- English (Publication Language)
- 128 Pages - 05/28/2000 (Publication Date) - Arcadia Publishing (Publisher)
- POWERFUL, RELIABLE PERFORMANCE + 5-YEAR WARRANTY: The 120vRX brushless motor has the torque of a gas engine to cut through all grass types and conditions with up to 100 minutes of runtime on a single charge with two batteries installed. Dual battery ports operate either battery when two are installed. When one is completely discharged, the sensor powers the other battery to keep you going. The mower operates with only one battery installed if you need to charge the other battery while cutting.
- TORQUE-SENSE TECHNOLOGY: Sensors built in to the motor receive feedback while you are cutting and sense when more power is needed for thick, dense or wet grass to increase the blade speed for a premium cut. This gives you power when you need it and saves energy when you don’t to extend the runtime even longer.
- SELF-PROPELLED / SPEED ADJUSTABLE DRIVE: Step up to self-propelled power drive with a simple control lever on the handle to reduce effort and achieve a perfect cut every time! Adjust the speed with the touch of a lever at your fingertips. Self-propelled drive is essential for yards with hills and slopes of all degrees to maintain a consistent cut and is safer by providing more control during operation.
- 3-in-1 DECK ADAPTS TO YOUR NEEDS: The 22” steel deck converts from rear-bagging to mulching to side discharge quickly and easily. Vortex tunnel design transfers clippings into the bag to achieve +95% capacity to extend time between emptying the bag. The hybrid bag design is easier to remove and empty.
- Complete kit includes 2 batteries: this is a complete mower kit including (2) 120Vrx high-capacity 2 5 Ah batteries, (1) 4 amp fast charger and the 22” self-propelled mower with Steel deck including everything needed to bag, mulch or side discharge while cutting
- The Greenworks Pro 80V Mower features a 21" steel deck, brushless motor, self-propelled rear wheel drive, 3-In-1 design, 7-position single handle height adjustment, vertical storage, push button start, 4-year tool, 2-year battery
- Greenworks Pro 80V brushless mower provides up to 45 minutes run-time with fully charged 4Ah battery. Run-time varies based on grass condition and operator technique
- Durable 21" steel deck allows you to handle large areas of grass quickly and easily. Self-propelled rear wheel drive can be easily adjusted to your stride
- Brushless motor provides more torque, quiet operation, and longer life
- 3-In-1 design allows you to mulch, rear bag, or side discharge your grass clippings. Use up to 70% less space in your garage with the vertical storage feature
- This refurbished product is tested and certified to look and work like new. The refurbishing process includes functionality testing, basic cleaning, inspection, and repackaging. The product ships with all relevant accessories, and may arrive in a generic box
- POWERFUL: Perfect for small to medium lawns, the battery-powered mower's durable steel blade cuts a crisp 14" wide path with precision in a single pass
- 48V POWER: Included 2x 4. 0 Ah batteries offer up to 25 minutes of rechargeable runtime
- ADJUSTABLE DECK: Tailor cutting height with 3-position manual height adjustment
- Power Source Type: Battery Powered
- POWERFUL 159CC OHV GAS ENGINE: Powerful gas engine comes equipped with recoil and auto choke. No more fussing with a primer or choke - just pull to start!
- 3-IN-1 CAPABILITIES: Unit has side discharge, rear discharge, and mulching capabilities.
- FRONT WHEEL DRIVE: Tip-up, turn, and maneuver around level terrain with ease.
- SELF PROPELLED AND VARIABLE SPEED: Move around your yard with less effort and the propulsion speed of your choice.
- DUAL-LEVER ADJUSTABLE CUTTING HEIGHT: Choose from 6 different height settings to suit user’s needs.
- 159cc OHV GAS ENGINE: Powerful 4-cycle gas engine helps you clear the tallest, toughest grass and weeds. Battle tested and battle ready to get the job done effectively and efficiently.
- 22-INCH CUTTING SWATH: Unique shape makes trimming around fences, garden beds, and other landscaping borders easier cutting bigger jobs down to size. Those hard-to-reach places just became easy-to-reach.
- USER FRIENDLY: Off-set trimmer head feature helps to trim hard-to-reach places while the 14-inch ball-bearing wheels help you move easily through rough terrain. Maintain the command and control needed during operation.
- COMFORT FOLDING HANDLE: Equipped with a comfort folding handle for convenient storage and transportation.
- TRIMMER LINE: STANDARD 0.155” DIAMETER.
- Self- Propelled Drive System
- Product dimensions – 65.35” L x 21.65” W x 33.07” H | Product weight – 21.65 lbs. | Height adjustments – 1 3/8” - 3 ¾”
- Durable 21" steel deck allows you to handle large areas of grass quickly and easily. Brushless motor provides more torque, quiet operation, and longer life
- Self-propelled drive system with variable speed rear wheel drive lets you easily maneuver and tackle any terrain | 3-In-1 design allows you to mulch, rear bag, or side discharge your grass clippings
- Dual battery port design enables one battery to be stored while the other fuels the mower, saving you a trip to the garage | 7 position single lever height adjustment for quick and easy adjustments
- Your purchase includes One GreenWorks 14-Inch Cordless Lawn Mower | One 4.0 AH Battery and Charger
- Product dimensions – 50.4” L x 15.8” W x 40.47” H | Weight – 33 lbs. | Run time – Up to 45 minutes (greatly depends on the condition of the grass)
- Easy assembly required | Deck Material – Plastic | Handle height is not adjustable | Cutting blade type – Single, metal
- Single lever 5-position height adjustment offers cutting height range from 1-1/4 inch to 3-3/8-inch for the best cut in all environments
- 2-in-1 feature offers rear bagging and mulching capability for multiple use | 14'' deck is versatile and light weight | Up to 34% of U.S. homes only need one charge to get the job done